San Fernando and Santa Clarita Hernia Clinic
Dr. Roth’s first operation as a surgical intern was on inguinal hernia repair. Since the beginning of his career in surgery, he has maintained a focused interest on hernia surgery. Dr. Roth has over 20 years’ experience in the treatment and repair of all types of hernias. Hernia surgery remains a large part of his elective practice. He is a member of the American Hernia Society and continues to educate himself in the latest techniqu...
Which patients have a complex hernia problem requiring a hernia specialist?
Patients who require evaluation by a hernia specialist include:
- Patients who have had a failed hernia repair or have a recurrence after their primary hernia repair.
- Patients with very large hernias.
- Patients who have a soft tissue infection and/or mesh infection.
- Patients with exposed mesh.
- Patients who have developed an enterocutaneous fistula (a connection from
Dr. Roth’s General Surgery practice is focused on hernia, abdominal, breast and thyroid surgery.
Dr. Roth has been formally trained in multiple abdominal operations, and the surgical treatment of complications from abdominal surgery.
When possible, Dr. Roth uses the laparoscopy or robot surgery when performing abdominal surgery to minimize the surgical incision. Commonly large and small bowel resections can be performed with the aid of the laparoscope. Robot surgery is a modification of...